Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Free Reading Book

The free reading book that I decided to choose was The Murder of Jim Fisk.  I found this book to be interesting.  However, I only read the first 5 chapters out of about 30.  I think that there were two main reasons for why I didn't get too involved in this book.  The fist reason is because I never could find a great time to do the reading.  I tried to use our time at the end of the day to my advantage, but found myself rereading the chapters as I had forgotten the information.  The other reason why I didn't read too much of this book is because we had such a long time to did it.  There was definitely a little procrastination on my part.

Overall, I think this assignment could be very beneficial.  I agree with you in the fact that it is important for us to read.  However, one suggestion would be to assign the reading over only one semester rather than the whole year.  I think that more people would read their books if this was the case.  One more suggestion would be to assign an assignment/writing at the beginning of the reading.  This would cause us to pay close attention to details and make sure the reading was completed on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment